Estonia – Belarus Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Estonia 2-0 Belarus
Date: 08.10.2021 | Match at: 19:45 | League: World Cup – Qualification | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.46 | Bookie: Unibet.
Estonia – Belarus Match Preview
- Estonia fans won’t have been expecting to qualify for their first-ever major tournament finals appearance this time around, nor is their team likely to achieve that feat in this World Cup Qualifying (WCQ) cycle given their poor record to date (D1, L3). Should the hosts fall to defeat again here and Czech Republic win their game, they’ll be all-but mathematically unable to qualify from Group E despite only just being past the halfway point of this latest qualification process.
- While Estonia’s capital Tallinn is perhaps more famed for its rich culture than its quality of football, the hosts are at least favourites to pick up their first WCQ campaign victory in this matchup. Even so, Estonia may struggle to live up to that expectation given that in competitive internationals, they’ve only beaten sides ranked worse than themselves (#111) since a shock win over Greece in 2018.
- Since coming out on the winning side of a six-goal thriller in the reverse H2H (W4-2), Belarus have lost all four of their subsequent WCQ games, failing to score in three of those. Consequently, the visitors look highly unlikely to spring their own qualification push and again, look unlikely to make their own first major finals appearance as an independent nation at the 2022 World Cup.
- In spite of the negatives though, Belarus are currently ranked 21 places better than their hosts and it would appear for good reason when accounting for their solid H2H form across their previous four clashes (W3, D1). They are, however, on a run of five straight losses and last endured a longer run of 90-minute defeats back in 1997!
- Players to watch: A rarity in football, Estonia’s Henri Anier and Belarus’ Vitaly Lisakovich both scored in both halves in the reverse fixture.
- Hot stat: Belarus have lost at both half-time/full-time in six of their last eight WCQ matches.