Mainz – Augsburg Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Mainz 4-1 Augsburg
Date: 22.10.2021 | Match at: 19:30 | League: GERMANY: Bundesliga – Round 9 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.33 | Bookie: Unibet.
Mainz – Augsburg Match Preview
- Mainz fans were probably upbeat after five matchdays, as their side had seemingly taken a step forward under boss Bo Svensson by winning three of their opening five Bundesliga games and keeping four clean sheets (D1, L1). Now winless in four after losing the last three, supporters are probably now re-evaluating the early season optimism that had them thinking about finishing in the top half of the table for the first time since 2015/16.
- Despite losing their first home league game of this season in their last outing (W2, D1, L1), Mainz are yet to concede first or lose the first half at the Mewa Arena. With just two goals conceded, Mainz have the second-best home Bundesliga defence, but now face a team they’ve lost to in three of their last four home Bundesliga H2Hs (W1).
- Augsburg recently made the headlines off the pitch when club President Klaus Hofmann demanded the abolition of VAR, which came after the team was denied a late winner last round due to video evidence. That draw vs Bielefeld means they’re now winless in four and have just one solitary win this league season (W1, D3, L4), and their attack is much to blame after scoring just four goals – their worst-ever return at this stage.
- Sitting in the relegation playoff place ahead of the round, Augsburg will be desperate to snap their run of ten away league games without victory. Big outsiders here, they’ll hope to draw on recent H2H form for inspiration to avoid making unwanted history and registering their longest-ever winless away run in the Bundesliga.
- Players to watch: Marcus Ingvartsen became the first Mainz player to score twice this season in their last home game, while Reece Oxford saved a point for Augsburg last matchday with his first-ever goal in a top flight.
- Hot stat: Augsburg have won the last five Bundesliga H2Hs, with three of those wins coming ‘to nil’ – that’s their longest winning run against any team currently in the Bundesliga.