Venezia – Salernitana Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Venezia 1-2 Salernitana
Date: 26.10.2021 | Match at: 17:30 | League: ITALY: Serie A – Round 10 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.34 | Bookie: Unibet.
Venezia – Salernitana Match Preview
- It’ll likely be a hard campaign for Serie B playoff winners Venezia, but three unbeaten games (W1, D2) prior to Saturday’s 3-1 defeat at Sassuolo shows this side can grind out results. They’ll be eager to prove the doubters wrong and this match against fellow promoted side and current Serie A (SA) bottom club Salernitana provides Venezia with the perfect opportunity to show they’ve found the step up to Italy’s top tier easier than their former second-tier counterparts.
- In many ways this match has the makings of a relegation ‘six-pointer’ but with Venezia scoring just once in each of their three SA home games (W1, D1, L1) it may not be pretty. Still, the team from the ‘Floating City’ look in decent shape to keep their SA hopes afloat, especially after showing grit to beat SA regulars Fiorentina 1-0 in their last match in Venice, holding on well defensively after taking a 36th minute lead.
- Opponents Salernitana sit bottom with just four points (W1, D1, L7) but even playing at this level is remarkable – this side was refounded after bankruptcy, and in just a decade they’ve worked their way up from Italy’s fourth tier to SA. Avoiding an immediate relegation would be a huge achievement, and this match provides a real opportunity for all three points after beating Venezia in three straight H2Hs.
- However the visitors have lost all four of their SA road trips, and that’s despite netting the opener in two. Things looked even worse last Saturday when they went into half-time 4-0 down (before halving the deficit) – and that was at home vs the third promoted side Empoli!
- Players to watch: Venezia’s last H2H home goal came courtesy of a Domen Črnigoj strike – that’s the only time in his professional career that he’s scored and lost! Salernitana’s Cedric Gondo may have scored just one SA goal, but he netted a match-winning brace in the last H2H.
- Hot stat: Venezia have averaged a league-low three corners per match.