Bologna – Cagliari Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Bologna 2-0 Cagliari
Date: 01.11.2021 | Match at: 20:45 | League: ITALY: Serie A – Round 11 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.50 | Bookie: Unibet.
Bologna – Cagliari Match Preview
- Bologna will be happy to see the backend of this week, having had to contend with the best Serie A (SA) has to offer this season, losing consecutive games to the division’s top two in AC Milan and then Napoli. Whilst they came up short in both, a return to the Stadio Renato Dall’Ara will be welcome given they’ve won three of their last five home SA fixtures (D1, L1), as many as they managed in the ten top-flight home matches prior.
- Manager Sinisa Mihajlovic will be particularly looking forward to this clash, as of all the SA opponents he’s faced on 10+ occasions, his 60% win rate against Cagliari is a joint personal best. In fact, the last time the ‘Rossoblù’ lost at home to Cagliari was in January 2010, with the six home SA wins they’ve registered since (D3) equalling their best tally over any team in that time, along with Sampdoria.
- Cagliari are rooted to the foot of the SA table coming into this weekend, with their inability to close out games being their downfall. A prime example of this came in the last round where they forfeited a lead and went on to suffer defeat against Roma. That makes them one of three teams to have lost a joint-high ten SA points from winning positions this season ahead of this round.
- ‘Gli Isolanis’ poor start to the campaign will have fans worried. This is only the fourth time since ‘three points for a win’ was introduced that Cagliari have less than nine points from their first ten fixtures, with two of the last three such occasions ending in relegation.
- Players to watch: Bologna’s Musa Barrow has scored three goals in his last three appearances against Cagliari, his joint-most against any SA opponent, while Cagliari’s João Pedro aims to return the favour, having scored five goals against Bologna, making them his third most preyed on team.
- Hot stat: No team in SA has conceded more set-piece goals this campaign than Cagliari’s ten.