Wolfsburg – Salzburg Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Wolfsburg 2-1 Salzburg
Date: 02.11.2021 | Match at: 18:45 | League: Champions League – Group Stage – Round 4 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.48 | Bookie: Unibet.
Wolfsburg – Salzburg Match Preview
- If ever there was a time for revenge it would be now for Wolfsburg who sit bottom of UEFA Champions League (UCL) Group G after losing 3-1 at Salzburg on matchday three, whilst three points in this reverse fixture seems critical for their UCL progression hopes. A victory could put them second, results pending elsewhere, and despite the sacking of Mark van Bommel as manager after an eight-game winless run, morale could be on the up after Wolfsburg secured a 2-0 Bundesliga victory at Leverkusen last time out in new boss Florian Kohfeldt’s first game in charge.
- They remain winless in four competitive outings at home though (D2, L2), three of which saw Wolfsburg trail at half-time. New boss Kohfeldt will now be eager to win over home fans by ending that here in his UCL debut, especially as he’s most recently remembered by many in German football for guiding former club Werder Bremen to an unfortunate club-record seven straight Bundesliga defeats last season.
- Salzburg will be tough opponents however, as shown in the reverse fixture, and travel to the Volkswagen Arena as the only side in Group G that’s achieved victory so far (W2, D1). That’s put them four points clear at the top of the group, and a win here could seal progression into the UCL knockouts for the first time in their history.
- A 2-2 draw in domestic action at the weekend showed Salzburg’s main issue though – a lack of clean sheets. They’ve secured just one across their previous seven competitive games (W5, D2), and none in their previous 20 UCL matches!
- Players to watch: Maximilian Arnold made a club record 261st Bundesliga appearance for Wolfsburg at the weekend and marked the occasion by scoring his first goal since February. Inter Milan-linked teenager Karim Adeyemi has scored the opener in two of Salzburg’s three group stage matches.
- Hot stat: The opener has been scored by the fifth minute in three of Salzburg’s last five UCL games.