Real Madrid – Shakhtar Donetsk Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Real Madrid 2-1 Shakhtar Donetsk
Date: 03.11.2021 | Match at: 18:45 | League: Champions League – Group Stage – Round 4 | Tip: Over 2.5 Goals | Odds: 1.48 | Bookie: Unibet.
Real Madrid – Shakhtar Donetsk Match Preview
- Aiming to progress from the UEFA Champions League (UCL) group stage for a 25th straight season, Real Madrid followed up their humiliating home defeat to Sheriff Tiraspol on matchday two with a 5-0 drubbing of Shakhtar Donetsk. Club pride remains at stake though, as Real risk going four competitive home games without victory for the first time since February/March 2019 if they don’t beat the Ukrainian outfit again here.
- This UCL edition is preceded by four straight seasons where Real have recorded a clean sheet home win by a 2+ goal margin in the group stage. Based on Shakhtar’s inferior seeding to Inter Milan, and Real’s excellent previous record against Ukrainian teams (W8, D6, L3), this game is widely seen as the likeliest remaining candidate to continue that trend.
- Shakhtar’s famous 3-2 away victory over Real in October 2020 will be in the minds of home fans even if it was played out at a deserted 6,000-capacity Alfredo di Stéfano rather than a raucous, imposing Santiago Bernabéu. This should be ‘normal service resumed’ however, given that Shakhtar have failed to score in three UCL competition proper away games (D1, L2) since that night.
- Those expecting another loss for Shakhtar should note that a majority (seven) of their last 11 UCL away defeats (including qualifiers) have seen them concede twice or more in the second half. Amongst those was a 4-0 defeat on their last UCL visit to this ground (September 2015).
- Players to watch: In red-hot form after his weekend double against Elche, Vinicius Júnior stole the show in this season’s reverse H2H, with a brace and an assist after half-time. Albeit in very different surroundings, his opponent and fellow countryman Tetê will be looking to repeat the goal and assist he bagged in the away H2H last year.
- Hot stat: None of Real Madrid’s last 12 UCL home wins have seen them concede inside the first 30 minutes.