Marseille – Metz Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Marseille 0-0 Metz
Date: 07.11.2021 | Match at: 13:00 | League: FRANCE: Ligue 1 – Round 13 | Tip: Home Win | Odds: 1.44 | Bookie: Unibet.
Marseille – Metz Match Preview
- Marseille stopped a run of back-to-back Ligue 1 draws with a 1-0 win in the league last time round, but inconsistent seven-game top-flight form (W2, D3, L2) has them nine points behind leaders PSG after 12 rounds. This encounter could be a potential banana skin for the fast-disappearing title aspirations of ‘Les Olympiens’ too, as they’ve won none of their last three league games against Metz – the last time they endured a longer such top-flight H2H run was nearly 25 years ago!
- However, the hosts have lost just once at home this league campaign, and on paper this visit by a team sitting in 19th place shouldn’t ring any alarm bells. That said, Marseille have a habit of tripping up against sides starting a matchday in 19th or 20th place, winning just one of their last four home league games vs teams in that position, but a come-from-behind 2-2 draw vs Lazio in midweek European action should boost morale ahead of this clash.
- Maybe Marseille need not worry as Metz travel with the leakiest defence in Ligue 1 ahead of this round, and they’ve now conceded in a club-record 17 consecutive top-flight games. Combine that with an attack that’s seen just two sides score fewer goals, and Metz are on shaky ground when it comes to preserving their three-year top-flight status.
- It’s on the road that Metz have picked up their lone Ligue 1 win, but four losses in the remaining five away league matches, including their last two, stands them on the cusp of three consecutive away Ligue 1 losses for the first time since Jan – Feb 2018.
- Players to watch: Cengiz Ünder has flown under the radar for Marseille, but his four league goals has helped them win ten points. Meanwhile, Nicolas de Préville scored Metz’s opener in their only Ligue 1 away win.
- Hot stat: Metz coach Frédéric Antonetti has just a 19% win-rate against Marseille in Ligue 1, his lowest winning percentage vs any specific opponent faced 10+ times in the top flight.