Azerbaijan – Luxembourg Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Azerbaijan 1-3 Luxembourg
Date: 11.11.2021 | Match at: 17:00 | League: World Cup – Qualification | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals| Odds: 1.51 | Bookie: Unibet.
Azerbaijan – Luxembourg Match Preview
- Pride is all that is left on the agenda in Baku, with both Azerbaijan and Luxembourg resigned to missing out on yet another major tournament. Unfortunately for Azerbaijan, no result here will lift them off the bottom of Group A – although a first World Cup Qualification (WCQ) win since 2017 would be more than welcome (D1, L8).
- Since their last WCQ win, which came against San Marino over four years ago, Azerbaijan have gone on to win a grand total of one competitive home fixture and that was vs the Faroe Islands in the UEFA Nations League (2-0). There’s not much for ‘Milli’ to take heart from when it comes to avoiding defeat then, although strangely, games on a Thursday have proved to be fruitful, having avoided defeat in five of their nine fixtures played on that day (W2, D3, L4).
- Like their hosts, Luxembourg can’t finish any higher than their position coming into this round (third), but they could drop a place, so a victory is vital if they are to claim the ‘best of the rest’ crown behind Serbia and Portugal. It’s been three WCQ losses since their victory over Azerbaijan in the reverse fixture, but Luxembourg can seek solace knowing they have won three of their last six competitive games on the road (L3).
- The omens appear good for the ‘Red Lions’ who have only lost once in six historical clashes with Azerbaijan (W2, D3) – in what is their third-highest win percentage against any nation they have faced on five or more occasions. However, Luxembourg’s chances of victory will likely rest on them firing on all cylinders upfront, as they’ve kept only one clean sheet in their last 16 internationals.
- Players to watch: Emin Mahmudov is Azerbaijan’s only player to have found the net in their WCQ campaign. Meanwhile, Gerson Rodrigues has netted the winner in two of Luxembourg’s last three away wins, and also scored in the reverse fixture.
- Hot stat: All three H2Hs that didn’t finish in a draw ended 2-1 either way.