Andorra – Poland Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Andorra 1-4 Poland
Date: 12.11.2021 | Match at: 20:45 | League: World Cup – Qualification | Tip: Over 2.5 Goals | Odds: 1.38 | Bookie: Unibet.
Andorra – Poland Match Preview
- As Pyrrhic victories go, Andorra (FIFA rank: 153) are now guaranteed to finish at least fifth, making this the first time ever that they won’t finish bottom of their World Cup Qualification (WCQ) group. With two wins during this campaign – which is the same number as in all their previous campaigns aggregated – the fifth-smallest populated UEFA country can already lay claim to improvements, albeit both victories were against 210th-ranked San Marino!
- Expecting an upset here in the Pyrenees seems beyond the realms of imagination though, but a respectable loss isn’t out of reach. Seven of Andorra’s last ten WCQ home losses have come by a margin of two or fewer goals and a repeat would be an achievement considering Poland have won both previous H2Hs by an aggregate 7-0 scoreline.
- Still in the reckoning for a top-place finish, Poland can seal at least a playoff spot if they win here and third-placed Albania drop points against England. A ticket to Qatar would make it consecutive World Cup finals appearances for Poland for just the second time in the last three-and-a-half decades, and they have form in their corner after four wins across their previous five WCQs (D1).
- Boosting that recent form is Poland’s historic record of having never lost to a team outside FIFA’s top 100 across WCQ campaigns. That puts them on course for another win here, which would see them record a third consecutive away WCQ win for the first time since 2004-05.
- Players to watch: Marc Vales scored a brace in Andorra’s only home WCQ win of the campaign, although that pales in comparison to the numbers Polish all-time top-scorer Robert Lewandowski is piling up – 23 goals in 17 club matches, and six goals in seven WCQs this campaign.
- Hot stat: Each of Andorra’s eight WCQ matches this campaign, and 82% of their historical WCQs, have seen the same result at half-time and full-time.