Austria – Moldova Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Austria 4-1 Moldova
Date: 15.11.2021 | Match at: 20:45 | League: World Cup – Qualification | Tip: Over 2.5 Goals | Odds: 1.50 | Bookie: Unibet.
Austria – Moldova Match Preview
- Qualification for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar via the group is no longer a possibility for Austria, though not all hope is lost just yet. That’s because they could yet qualify for the play-offs as one of the best group winners in the 2020/21 UEFA Nations League, hence they’ll want to end this World Cup qualification (WCQ) cycle on a high in preparation for a potential crunch match to come.
- Whatever happens, don’t expect the Austrians to blow Moldova away though, as six of the seven historical H2Hs have ended either 1-0 or 2-0. Unsurprisingly, five of those tight wins without reply went the way of Austria, who are fully expected to win again here, even if they do decide to rest players ahead of any potential play-off.
- A 2-0 defeat to Scotland last time out effectively confirmed that Moldova will be finishing bottom of World Cup Qualifying (WCQ) Group F, just as they did in three of the last four campaigns. They could, however, at least go out having scored more than they did last time around if they can net just one goal here high up in the Austrian Alps.
- Moldova have already conceded more goals than in any other completed WCQ cycle (2.89 per match on average) though and, consequently here, this could be a case of damage limitation for the visitors. To their credit, they’ve never conceded more than twice across their three visits to Austria, though they are also yet to score in reply.
- Players to watch: Scorer in Austria’s last match, Marko Arnautović had the perfect preparation ahead of this international break by scoring in back-to-back games for Bologna. As for Moldova, Ion Nicolaescu has scored half of their paltry four goal haul in this WCQ campaign.
- Hot stat: Moldova conceded at least twice in six of their last seven WCQ games whilst trailing at both half-time/full-time in five.