QPR – Luton Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
QPR 2-0 Luton
Date: 19.11.2021 | Match at: 20:45 | League: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 18 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.30 | Bookie: Unibet.
QPR – Luton Match Preview
- Following a drawn out international break, club football returns to London this Friday as Queens Park Rangers welcome Luton Town to the Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium in what appears to be a tough clash for both. The hosts begin this round in the top six, but only by virtue of goal difference, and anything other than a victory will likely see them drop out by the end of the round.
- Highlighting the need for consistency at this level is the hugely competitive nature of the league with just six points separating 5th from 16th place, so QPR will do well to build on their return of four unbeaten league games from their last five (W2, D2, L1). Further good omens lie with manager Mark Warburton’s previous record versus Luton (W3, D1), as all three victories saw his side score at least twice.
- If Nathan Jones’ Luton can break Warburton’s unbeaten record though, they’ll move into the playoff places, albeit provisionally. The ‘Hatters’ have been consistently inconsistent of late though, winning every other game across their last eight (W4, D2, L2) and after losing their most recent match, they could be due another victory here.
- There is a case to be made for a semi-upset in this clash given that Luton are unbeaten in six of their nine league games when starting as underdogs this season (W3, D3), and the fact the starting match favourite (either team) possesses a mere 35% win rate in Luton’s league games. Any victory, however, would be a landmark one as the visitors are yet to win an away H2H this century (D2, L6).
- Players to watch: QPR’s Ilias Chair has hit the match opener in three of his last four goal scoring appearances. For Luton, Harry Cornick hit a goal either side of half-time in their only away win since August.
- Hot stat: QPR have failed to win six of their last seven Championship games played on a Friday (W1, D1, L5).