Sheffield Utd – Coventry Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Sheffield Utd 0-0 Coventry
Date: 20.11.2021 | Match at: 13:30 | League: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 18 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.36 | Bookie: Unibet.
Sheffield Utd – Coventry Match Preview
- It’s not quite been the return to the Championship that Sheffield United would’ve hoped for, as they languish firmly in the bottom half. The return of domestic football offers the ‘Blades’ a chance to collect some quick-fire points with three games in a week, the first of those against high-flying Coventry City, a side they boast an impressive recent record against over the last five H2H meetings (W3, D1, L1).
- They’ll have to snap a run of back-to-back home losses to continue that strong H2H run, and you have to go back to 2008 for the last time Sheffield United lost three successive Championship games at Bramall Lane. Perhaps that inconsistency in results comes down to inconsistency in team selection, with boss Slaviša Jokanović having used the joint-most players in the Championship this season ahead of the round (27).
- At the other end of the spectrum, Coventry have used the Championship’s fewest players (19) and their cohesive nature is reflected in their lofty league position (4th). It was team spirit that dragged them through their last Championship outing, twice coming from behind with ten-men to beat Bristol City in the previous round, a result which confirmed their status as the division’s come-back-kings when conceding first (W4, D1, L4).
- A stoppage time winner was needed against the ‘Robins’ and Coventry’s never say die attitude has also led to them scoring more 90+ minute Championship goals than any other side in the league (four). All four of those goals have come at home though, and on the road it’s been a different story for the ‘Sky Blues’, who have only won two of their eight Championship away games – the least of any side in the top six.
- Players to watch: Sheffield United’s Rhian Brewster netted his first league goal for the club last time out; ten of his last 13 club goals have been first-half strikes. Meanwhile, Matt Godden netted Coventry’s injury-time winner against Bristol City – his second 90+ winning goal this season.
- Hot stat: Only five of Sheffield United’s 22 Championship goals have come in the first half.