Brest – Lens Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Brest 4-0 Lens
Date: 21.11.2021 | Match at: 13:00 | League: FRANCE: Ligue 1 – Round 14 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.37 | Bookie: Unibet.
Brest – Lens Match Preview
- For two sides that have battled each other in Ligue 2 for years, both Brest and Lens can hold their heads up high that they sit in France’s top division. There’s no doubt home fans will feel some envy though, as while Brest sit outside the relegation zone on goal difference only, visiting Lens fans have seen their side climb into the Champions League places. However, a 2-0 win over Monaco in Brest’s last home game means the hosts could bring their former Ligue 2 rivals back down to earth with a much-needed victory here.
- Brest’s form is on the up, and they’re now unbeaten in four Ligue 1 matches (W2, D2) and have scored in all 13 they’ve played this term, so their lowly league position doesn’t quite reflect their current form, nor what is one of the division’s most consistent front lines. A clean sheet at home in that recent win vs Monaco, after nine Ligue 1 games without at the Stade Francis-Le Blé, indicates a positive shift at the back too.
- Lens have been one of the stories of the season, climbing up to second before the international break as boss Franck Haise looks to guide his side to an even better finish then the impressive seventh place they managed in 2020/21. However their last three wins have come at home, and their last two defeats away, so while favorites to win here, recent form suggests caution.
- Still, an impressive away campaign so far (W3, D1, L2) can’t be ignored, although neither can a three-game winless H2H run at Brest (D2, L1) that saw Lens trail at half-time on each occasion.
- Players to watch: Former Huddersfield man Steve Mounié has been at the heart of Brest’s upturn in form, netting the decisive goal in their previous two games (W2). Meanwhile, Lens’ summer signing Przemysław Frankowski has scored in four Ligue 1 games, all of which saw his side win.
- Hot stat: Just 18% of the previous H2Hs were goalless at half-time.