Inter – Shakhtar Donetsk Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Inter 2-0 Shakhtar Donetsk
Date: 24.11.2021 | Match at: 18:45 | League: Champions League – Group Stage – Round 5 | Tip: Home Win | Odds: 1.33 | Bookie: Unibet.
Inter – Shakhtar Donetsk Match Preview
- Inter Milan have crashed out of the UEFA Champions League (UCL) group stages in their last three attempts, but the 2009/10 winners look set to break that hoodoo. The ‘Nerazzurri’, who are on a seven-game unbeaten run across all competitions (W5, D2), can qualify for the knockouts if they win here and Sheriff fail to beat Real Madrid.
- With the hosts looking to score 3+ goals in consecutive UCL home games for the first time in over a decade, such expectations are not misplaced despite the last three H2Hs ending 0-0. Inter are also unbeaten in their 12 European games against Ukrainian clubs (W6, D6), and this may play a part in them improving on a run of just two wins across their last ten UCL home matches (W2, D5, L3).
- Shakhtar Donetsk must win here – and hope Real beat Sheriff – to stay in contention to reach the round of 16, and break a sequence of three consecutive UCL group exits. However, the Ukrainians have won just four of their last 23 UCL matches if counting only the group stage to final (W4, D9, L10).
- Alarmingly for them, Shakhtar are the third-lowest scoring club among all 32 group stage teams before this matchday. A return of seven scoring blanks across their last nine UCL competition proper matches isn’t comforting either, as the visitors look for inspiration to improve their away record against Italian sides (W2, D3, L9).
- Players to watch: Edin Džeko scored and assisted in Inter’s most recent UCL home win. Impressively, his last three decisive goals in the UCL proper have been openers that arrived in the first 30 minutes of clean-sheet victories by a 3+ goal margin. Meanwhile, Fernando accounts for Shakhtar’s only UCL goal of the campaign – a strike which marked his ninth first-half goal for the club out of 11 in total.
- Hot stat: Five of Inter’s last six UCL home wins have seen the decisive goal arrive after half-time.