K. Almaty – Basel Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
K. Almaty 2-3 Basel
Date: 25.11.2021 | Match at: 16:30 | League: Europa Conference League – Group Stage – Round 5 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.37 | Bookie: Unibet.
K. Almaty – Basel Match Preview
- Kairat Almaty’s inaugural journey through the group stage of a UEFA competition has not gone to plan, with the heaviest of their three defeats in this campaign (D1, L3) being a 4-2 loss away to Switzerland’s Basel. They will get another chance next season, via the second round of UEFA Europa Conference League (UECL) qualifying after recently finishing their domestic league season in third place, but for now they continue to search for that elusive maiden group stage victory.
- Kairat do own a fine record at home in European competition (albeit in qualifying prior to this season), losing just three of 25 continental matches, including a number of victories over much higher seeded teams in the past such as AZ Alkmaar, Bordeaux and Red Star Belgrade. There’s no doubt their goal scoring unit is in strong form, sharpening up with back-to-back 3-0 wins vs Astana – who finished above them in the final league standings – on the way to the Kazakhstan Cup final.
- Basel are advancing from the group stage regardless of their next two results, but as they start this matchday two points behind group leaders Qarabağ, they’ll be determined to win both matches to guarantee they top the group and gain a direct route to the Round of 16.
- After failing to reach the group stage of the Europa League last season, this new third tier appears to be much more to Basel’s liking. That said, they have failed to win their last three UEFA away trips (D3 after 90 minutes), so are going to have to step up to chase the points required to catch up to group leaders Qarabağ.
- Players to watch: José Kanté has scored after half-time in his last three games for Kairat, while Liam Millar has recorded goals in three of his last five appearances for Basel when playing at least 30 minutes.
- Hot stat: All but two of the seven group stage fixtures involving either or both clubs have seen both teams score.