Cagliari – Salernitana Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Cagliari 1-1 Salernitana
Date: 26.11.2021 | Match at: 20:45 | League: ITALY: Serie A – Round 14 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.44 | Bookie: Unibet.
Cagliari – Salernitana Match Preview
- It’s a battle at the basement as second-bottom Cagliari take on rock-bottom Salernitana in a clash where a win for either side would take them to within a point of safety, albeit possibly for only a day. A hard-fought point at Sassuolo may have stopped Cagliari’s woeful run of four Serie A (SA) defeats, but Walter Mazzarri’s appointment has changed little (W1, D4, L8), and comparisons to the club’s last relegation campaign (2014/15) are swirling around Sardinia, as Cagliari had four more points at the same stage back then!
- This will be only Cagliari’s third-ever SA meeting with Salernitana, who they beat 3-1 after conceding first on both previous occasions back in 1998/99. Notably though, Cagliari are yet to win a SA match after conceding first this term (D3, L6), and a return of only one home victory so far is also alarming (D2, L4).
- It’s not been the return to the Italian top-tier that Salernitana fans would have been dreaming of, after the club ended a 22-year exile from SA. A league-high ten defeats from 13 SA fixtures (W2, D1) has left the Campanian outfit propping up the table, albeit on the same points tally as Cagliari, making this feel like a real relegation six-pointer.
- The visitors are leaving the Italian peninsula knowing they are poor travellers, as only Cagliari have gained less than Salernitana’s three points on the road. Apart from a lone victory against Venezia, they have lost each of their remaining five away league outings, conceding 3+ goals on three occasions.
- Players to watch: Cagliari’s Keita Baldé celebrated his return after injury with a wonderful strike last time out, and has seen four of his last six SA goals arrive before half-time. As for the visitors, Federico Bonazzoli has scored both of his SA strikes this season in the second half and on the road.
- Hot stat: Salernitana are the only SA team yet to score inside the opening 30 minutes of play.