Osasuna – Elche Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Osasuna 1-1 Elche
Date: 29.11.2021 | Match at: 21:00 | League: SPAIN: LaLiga – Round 15 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.50 | Bookie: Unibet.
Osasuna – Elche Match Preview
- After their best ten-game start to a La Liga (LL) season in 15 years, Osasuna’s last four league outings were always going to be a stern test of their title aspirations. That’s because the quartet of clubs they most recently faced, and which they failed to beat (D1, L3), occupied the top four places in the table at the end of the last round.
- Whilst they failed to score on all four occasions, keeping such elite opposition to two or fewer goals each time despite facing a total of 57 goal attempts is to be commended. Upcoming games against struggling Elche and Levante will provide them with a crucial opportunity to reset their campaign ahead of a clash with Barcelona. But with one of the league’s worst win rates as pre-match favourites (W3, D3, L2), they cannot afford any complacency here.
- Elche have not defeated Osasuna in any competition since 2015/16 (D3, L2) and don’t appear capable of doing so on this occasion after six LL games without victory (D2, L4) – their longest drought since April 2021. As a result, for the first time this LL season, they will start consecutive rounds in the relegation zone.
- Their three clean sheets this LL season were rewarded seven points, but ongoing defensive woes continue to place enormous pressure upon their attacking unit. Elche have conceded 2+ goals in all but one of their six straight LL games without a win, with Real Betis last week condemning them to a L6 season record when conceding the match opener in LL.
- Players to watch: Captain David García is one of two players to have scored in two Osasuna victories this LL season, whilst Lucas Boye has scored first in two of Elche’s last three LL away trips (D1, L1).
- Hot stat: The first half has not been the highest scoring half in any of Osasuna’s last seven LL matches.