Tottenham – Brentford Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Tottenham 2-0 Brentford
Date: 02.12.2021 | Match at: 20:30 | League: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 14 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.35 | Bookie: Unibet.
Tottenham – Brentford Match Preview
- Tottenham Hotspur have enjoyed extra rest days ahead of this midweek Premier League (PL) clash after extreme weather forced their weekend fixture at Burnley to be postponed. That just means this Spurs side have had extra time to mull over their shocking European defeat to Mura last time out, which prompted manager Antonio Conte to slam the ‘not so high level’ of his own squad to the media.
- Surely his players will be keen to prove the esteemed Italian wrong here in their first ever PL meeting with Brentford, a side they’ve not lost against in any competition since 1948 (W8, D3). Even so, Spurs have lost each of their last five PL London derbies and will now attempt to avoid a sixth straight London derby defeat for the first time since 2003/04.
- A penalty was all that was required to end Brentford’s five-game winless run in the PL as they beat Everton 1-0 last time out (D1, L4) – a win that moved the visitors comfortably away from the drop zone. Their fantastic away form could aid another victory here as the PL newcomers have lost just one of their six away top-flight matches this campaign (W2, D3, L1).
- While they haven’t exactly pulled up any trees form wise, Brentford have enjoyed defying the odds in the PL. Highlighting their ability to surprise is the fact that all of their points prior to their latest win were earned as outsiders, while the starting match favourite has won just 38% of Brentford’s PL matches, a lower percentage than all but games involving Crystal Palace.
- Players to watch: Three of Heung-Min Son’s five Tottenham goals this season were match openers, whilst he also scored vs Brentford in last season’s EFL Cup semi-final. For Brentford, four of Ivan Toney’s five strikes this campaign have come on the road.
- Hot stat: Tottenham are unbeaten in 14 of their 17 all-time PL games held on a Thursday (W8, D6, L3) – 71% saw both teams score.