Coventry – West Brom Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Coventry 1-2 West Brom
Date: 04.12.2021 | Match at: 13:30 | League: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 21 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.39 | Bookie: Unibet.
Coventry – West Brom Match Preview
- Mark Robins’ Coventry City proved their thrilling push into playoff contention is the real deal, stunning Bournemouth last time out from 2-0 down in the dying minutes to secure their third successive Championship draw. Holding onto that final playoff position ahead of round 21, Coventry’s never-say-die attitude has seen them rescue more points (14) from losing positions at half-time than any other side (W4, D2).
- The CBS Arena faithful will be in full voice, despite the consistency that propelled their side up the table somewhat dissipating recently after winning just one of their last four home games (D2, L1) since winning five in a row prior. Hosting a wobbly West Bromwich Albion (WBA) side in this West Midlands derby could be the perfect opportunity to get back on track, but the ‘Sky Blues’ have only defeated the ‘Baggies’ once in their last eight home H2H matches (D3, L4).
- WBA have looked a shell of their electrifying selves that started the season, failing to score in three consecutive games since the international break as part of a four-match winless run (D3, L1). They’ll be desperate to get back into their goal scoring stride and remain in the playoff spots, as not even in their relegation campaign last season in the Premier League did they go four league fixtures without finding the net.
- Travelling has not served WBA well this campaign, with all their league losses coming away from The Hawthorns en route to securing just 35% of their points on their travels (W3, D3, L4). Manager Valérien Ismaël will therefore hope to get the campaign back on track here and even up his own personal record away to the hosts, after losing 2-0 to Coventry when in charge of Barnsley.
- Players to watch: In his seven Championship goalscoring outings this term, Viktor Gyökeres has opened Coventry’s account on six occasions, while WBA’s Karlan Grant has scored seven of his last nine domestic goals in the second half.
- Hot stat: Only one of the last 11 H2H matches between these two in all competitions has seen both teams score.