St Etienne – Rennes Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
St Etienne 0-5 Rennes
Date: 05.12.2021 | Match at: 13:00 | League: FRANCE: Ligue 1 – Round 17 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.40 | Bookie: Unibet.
St Etienne – Rennes Match Preview
- Bottom of Ligue 1, the picture appears bleak for St-Étienne, although victory against high-flying Rennes could see them clamber out of the drop zone. Having claimed the most points out of any of Ligue 1’s bottom-six sides across the last five matchdays ahead of this round, ‘Les Verts’ will be confident of rectifying the back-to-back losses they’ve suffered prior to this clash.
- Undoubtedly quashing that confidence though will be the fact that St-Étienne have only collected one clean sheet all season – and that came away from home. It’s little surprise then that their leaky defence has conceded 32 Ligue 1 goals, including 19 after half-time, meaning that even if St-Étienne lead at the break, this match is certainly not over.
- With opponents Rennes scoring 16 times during the second half in their Ligue 1 matches, the visitors must be licking their lips at the prospect of playing St-Étienne. If Rennes are to get their automatic Champions League qualification hunt back on track though, they’ll have to bounce back from a 2-1 loss last time out against Lille, which ended a run of three successive victories prior.
- While their spirits will have been dampened by that home loss, on the road in Ligue 1 Rennes have been solid, if not spectacular of late, clocking up a four-match unbeaten run (W2, D2). Ever the fast starters, Rennes opened the scoring in all four, as they have done in three of the last four H2H meetings away to St-Étienne (W1, D2, L1).
- Players to watch: His primary role may be to keep the ball out of the net, but Saïdou Sow has three goal involvements (2G, 1A) at home for St-Étienne in Ligue 1 this season. However Gaëtan Laborde may have his eye on the Golden Boot with nine Ligue 1 goals to his name already – one behind Lille’s Jonathan David ahead of the round.
- Hot stat: No Ligue 1 side has a worse shot conversion rate than St-Étienne ahead of the round (6%).