Fenerbahce – Eintracht Frankfurt Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Fenerbahce 1-1 Eintracht Frankfurt
Date: 09.12.2021 | Match at: 18:45 | League: Europa League – Group Stage – Round 6 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.52 | Bookie: Unibet.
Fenerbahce – Eintracht Frankfurt Match Preview
- Whilst Fenerbahçe are already guaranteed to finish third in the group and as such, will drop into the Europa Conference League, if they can finally get the better of Eintracht Frankfurt after two previous draws – the last finishing 1-1 in the reverse H2H – they could stop the Germans from finishing top of this group.
- Fenerbahçe are also playing to avoid making unwanted history as they remain on the verge of going winless in three straight UEFA Europa League (UEL) home matches for the first time (exc. qualifiers) after a poor showing this campaign (D1, L1). Those two matches saw the hosts concede five goals, whilst they’ve now kept just two clean sheets across their previous 12 competitive outings which will be a concern.
- A 3-2 loss away to Hoffenheim over the weekend ended Frankfurt’s previous six-match unbeaten run across all competitions (W4, D2) as the visitors look to turn the corner following their poor start to the season. They’ll further be looking to win three straight UEL away matches for just the second time in competition history which would also guarantee top spot in Group D, albeit so would a draw.
- The German side remain unbeaten in the UEL this campaign (W3, D2) and will be hoping to at least replicate their semi-final appearance in 2018/19. Expect goals in this clash because alongside Fenerbahçe’s poor recent defensive form is the fact that 15 of Frankfurt’s 20 competitive fixtures this campaign have seen both teams score.
- Players to watch: Fenerbahçe’s Mesut Özil has five goals in 16 competitive appearances this season, including the opening goal in the reverse H2H. Frankfurt’s Filip Kostić has 11 goal contributions in 17 competitive matches this campaign (G3, A8); his last two goals have come away from home.
- Hot streak: Fenerbahçe have never beaten German opposition at home in European competition (D2, L4).