Genoa – Sampdoria Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Genoa 1-3 Sampdoria
Date: 10.12.2021 | Match at: 20:45 | League: ITALY: Serie A – Round 17 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.33 | Bookie: Unibet.
Genoa – Sampdoria Match Preview
- The famous ‘Derby of the Lantern’ returns here for the 77th Serie A (SA) edition, which will see two struggling sides Genoa and Sampdoria try to kick-start their respective seasons. It’s visiting Sampdoria who hold the historical upper hand in top-flight meetings (W29, D29, L18), and they also sit five points above their city rivals.
- On top of that record, Genoa haven’t yet been helped by the arrival of their new head coach Andriy Shevchenko, as they still seek their first goal under his leadership (D1, L3). However, the ’Rossoblù’ should be confident of ending this unpleasant run, as each of the previous four H2Hs have seen both teams hit the net.
- Sampdoria have their own worries to deal with due to controversy surrounding club president Massimo Ferrero off the field. On the field, meanwhile, the ‘Blucerchiati’ travel after losing back-to-back SA games that each saw them concede three times before the break, leaving them in a precarious 15th place in the table.
- They too have reason to be confident of upsetting their great rivals though, given that they have lost just two of the last 11 H2Hs (W5, D4). Sampdoria will have to be on their guard early on nonetheless as they’ve conceded a league-high 20 goals before half-time, though Genoa have scored a joint-league low two goals in that period.
- Players to watch: Veteran Goran Pandev (GEN) has scored six of his last seven SA goals before the break, though he is yet to score this term. For Sampdoria, Manolo Gabbiadini has scored in two consecutive matches, and has two goals across his last four appearances against Genoa.
- Hot stat: There’s been 48 goals scored in Genoa’s SA matches, with 19 arriving beyond the 75th minute (40%).