Lille – Lyon Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Lille 0-0 Lyon
Date: 12.12.2021 | Match at: 13:00 | League: FRANCE: Ligue 1 – Round 18 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.47 | Bookie: Unibet.
Lille – Lyon Match Preview
- Very few would have expected that this Ligue 1 meeting between Lille and Lyon would be a mid-table clash at this point in 2021/22, especially considering that these two teams formed part of a thrilling four-way title fight last season. Their current situation in the league is all the more surprising given that both these teams finished top of their respective groups on the European scene in midweek.
- Reigning Ligue 1 champions Lille find themselves in a disappointing 11th spot ahead of the round, but they could rely on their home form here to reduce their current three-point gap on the European places. Unbeaten in their previous seven top-flight home outings (W4, D3), ‘Le LOSC’ are unbeaten in their previous nine top-flight clashes against Lyon at all venues (W5, D4).
- Two points off their hosts after being handed a one-point penalty for trouble during the abandoned game against Marseille last month, visiting Lyon would overtake their opponents with victory here. Their biggest concern lies at the back, as the Rhône-Alpes-based side’s tally of 25 goals conceded is their worst return at this point of a campaign since 1982/83 – a season that ended in relegation (19th)!
- More consistency is needed on the road as well if the visitors are to avoid their first bottom-half finish since 1995/96 after they’ve claimed just two away victories after eight attempts (W2, D2, L4). That’s in sharp contrast to last season where Lyon finished the season 17 games unbeaten on their Ligue 1 travels, winning a staggering 11 of those fixtures.
- Players to watch: Lille’s Jonathan David dominates the Ligue 1 top scorer standings with 11 goals to date, ten of which came before the 60th minute. Meanwhile, Karl Toko-Ekambi has scored Lyon’s opening goal in all five of his goalscoring top-flight games this season.
- Hot stat: 11 of the previous 12 Ligue 1 H2Hs held here have seen the opening goal scored within 35 minutes.