Brighton – Wolves Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Brighton 0-1 Wolves
Date: 15.12.2021 | Match at: 20:30 | League: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 17 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.50 | Bookie: Unibet.
Brighton – Wolves Match Preview
- A weekend off for Brighton will leave them refreshed and ready to end a ten-game winless run in Premier League (PL) football (D8, L2) when another club without victory this month, Wolves, comes to town. Consecutive 1-1 draws as away underdogs for Brighton is admirable but undoubtedly frustrating considering they have now completed four straight league games without any goals prior to the 85 minute mark.
- Their two fixtures against Wolves last season were packed with late drama, when Brighton rescued a draw from a 1-3 half-time deficit at home before Wolves scored twice after the 75th minute in the following H2H to register a come-from-behind victory in May 2021. Considering Brighton have made a habit of ‘great escapes’ with a record of W1, D4, L3 when conceding the first goal this PL season, they can never be discounted.
- That said, mid-table Wolves will be craving just to find the back of the net at all, let alone land the first punch. Consecutive 1-0 losses to Liverpool and Manchester City has taken their goalless drought to four PL fixtures – the first time since 2009/10 they have failed to score in four straight league games in any division. On the two such occurrences in that season, they broke the drought on their fifth attempt with 1-1 and 2-2 draws.
- After some difficult assignments, Wolves should relish the opportunity to return to form against weaker opposition. Their PL record this season against teams in the bottom half of the table ahead of this round stands at an impressive W5, D3, L1.
- Players to watch: The last gasp heroics of Neal Maupay saved a point for Brighton in their last two PL outings. He has recorded their opening goal in five PL matches this season, four of them equalisers. Meanwhile, Wolves’ speedster Adama Traoré found the back of the net against Brighton last PL season.
- Hot streak: The last 11 PL fixtures involving either club saw two or fewer total goals scored.