Rayo Vallecano – Alaves Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Rayo Vallecano 2-0 Alaves
Date: 18.12.2021 | Match at: 14:00 | League: SPAIN: LaLiga – Round 18 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.40 | Bookie: Unibet.
Rayo Vallecano – Alaves Match Preview
- Rayo Vallecano’s dreadful travelling record continues to hold them back as they attempt to claim their first UEFA group stage appearance, with all but one of their last 17 La Liga (LL) points earned at home. An immense 71% of their matches this LL season have been won by the pre-match favourite (W12, D3, L2), a record they’ll hope to improve even further whilst preserving LL’s best home record (W7, D1, L0).
- A club that spent fewer than five million Euros last off-season is on the way to achieving the highest placed finish of any newly promoted LL club of the last decade (currently Villarreal’s sixth in 2013/14). Much of their home success this season has been accompanied by fast starts, with six of their eight top-flight matches at the Campo de fútbol de Vallecas seeing them strike within the first 30 minutes, resulting in five HT/FT victories.
- Deportivo Alavés, on the other hand, are holding onto survival for ‘deer’ life and will, at worst, be hoping to replicate their survival effort of 2017/18 in which they avoided relegation after sitting in 17th place on Christmas Day. It must be bitterly frustrating for fans to see promoted Rayo flying like Santa as Alavés spend a fourth consecutive league campaign mired in the bottom half of the table.
- Still, things have improved since losing seven of their opening eight league games. But amid the joint-second worst goals tally in LL this season (13), they’ll need to up their productivity in front of goal to progress further. Defending also continues to be an issue, as they haven’t found a clean sheet in six straight LL outings (W1, D3, L2). Despite that, games remain tight and scoring first could be the path to success here, as Alavés are undefeated this season when doing so (W3, D1, L0).
- Players to watch: Álvaro García has scored within 30 minutes in four LL victories this season, including three opening goals, while Joselu has three team opening goals to his name in Alavés’ last five LL fixtures.
- Hot stat: All but one of the last ten LL matches involving either club have seen a first-half goal scored.