Venezia – Lazio Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Venezia 1-3 Lazio
Date: 22.12.2021 | Match at: 16:30 | League: ITALY: Serie A – Round 19 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.36 | Bookie: Unibet.
Venezia – Lazio Match Preview
- Despite conceding a first-minute opener, Venezia came back to record a consecutive 1-1 draw in Serie A (SA) at the weekend. Although a point seems like a drop in the ocean, Venezia can still reflect on their best 18-game start to a top-flight season since 1941/42, and a seven-point gap from the bottom three as of Monday morning.
- In a further boost to morale, Venezia have lost just one of their five SA home matches played against a current top-half side this season (W2, D2, L1), and tend to start well as hosts, as they have opened the scoring in five of their last seven competitive outings at Stadio Pier Luigi Penzo (W3, D1, L3).
- Despite missing their top scorer Ciro Immobile, Lazio beat Genoa 3-1 on Friday and kept themselves within touching distance of the top six. They hope to make such a finish for the third consecutive season, but defensive improvements are needed, as only five other SA sides had let in more goals than their 33 at the end of the last round.
- Away form is also a concern, with Lazio taking only 29% of their total SA points on the road (W2, D2, L5). Underwhelming second-half performances are mostly to blame, as Lazio have only scored three goals during that time, whilst conceding ten beyond the hour mark.
- Players to watch: Thomas Henry saved a point for Venezia last time out – and subsequently equalled his famous namesake Thierry Henry on three SA goals. Also a dangerous figure of late, Lazio’s Mattia Zaccagni has scored in consecutive matches, and three of his four top-flight goals this season have arrived beyond the 70th minute.
- Hot stat: Three of Venezia’s last four match openers at home have arrived inside the first 15 minutes.