Barnsley – Fulham Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Barnsley 1-1 Fulham
Date: 12.03.2022 | Match at: 13:30 | League: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 37 | Tip: Away Win | Odds: 1.45 | Bookie: Unibet.
Barnsley – Fulham Match Preview
- Barnsley saw Derby County leapfrog them in the relegation zone courtesy of a 2-0 defeat to the ‘Rams’ last weekend, and they failed to reclaim 22nd place after drawing 1-1 with Stoke City in midweek, two cruel blows that after three wins from their prior four Championship games have spurred hopes of a ‘great escape’. Home wins over Queens Park Rangers and Middlesbrough in February still offer hope of a solid performance against runaway leaders Fulham, a team that Barnsley also defeated twice in 2019/20 (1-0 home and 3-0 away), during a season that Fulham secured promotion.
- If Barnsley are looking to replicate their efforts of both the 2012/13 and 2019/20 Championship campaigns where they finished 21st and survived relegation, home success will need to be the foundation. Claiming points from their last three home league fixtures (W2, D1) is a solid start, whilst conceding just one first-half goal across their last six league games at all venues has contributed to their recent improvement.
- Fulham have been in a league of their own though as they edge their way towards a Premier League return, a promotion that would continue a five-season yoyo between England’s two highest divisions. With 89 goals to their name, they’re on track to become just the third club to break the 100-goal barrier in the second division since Leicester’s record-holding 109 goal campaign in 1956/57!
- Their 5-1 midweek demolition of Swansea reasserted what the league already knew, Fulham aren’t merely home ground bullies. In fact, six of the 13 3+ goal winning margins they’ve recorded this Championship season have been earned away from home.
- Players to watch: Carlton Morris remains the only Barnsley player to have scored in more than one game during the second half of this Championship season (three times), whilst Neeskens Kebano, who has struck in seven league games this season, was Fulham’s third goalscorer in their 4-1 home H2H win.
- Hot stat: Eight of Fulham’s last ten Championship victories have been accompanied by a half-time lead.