Lille – Clermont Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Lille 0-0 Clermont
Date: 01.02.2023 | Match at: 19:00 | League: FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – ROUND 21 | Tip: Home Win | Odds: 1.51 | Bookie: Unibet.
Lille – Clermont Predictions and Preview
- Having seen a number of chances go awry in Sunday’s 1-0 loss at Nice, Lille fans expect a backlash, as the Mastiffs target a win that could put them level on points with fifth-placed Rennes. Losing was a rare enough experience for the 2020/21 title winners before the setback though, given that the defeat was their first since October 30 – and one which not even the club’s outspoken coach Paulo Fonseca couldn’t explain afterwards.
- Lille’s home form has been impressive so far in 2023, with their return of three wins and a draw forming part of a nine-game unbeaten home run spanning back to September. Each of those three wins recorded at the Stade Pierre-Mauroy saw Lille score both sides of the interval, and they also did likewise during last season’s corresponding H2H fixture, en-route to a 4-0 victory.
- Clermont’s own Sunday was a quiet one (D 0-0 vs Nantes), but the shutout was enough to keep them in the top-half, and an impressive 11 points better off than they were at the same stage in the club’s maiden top-flight season last year, when they eventually finished 17th. Tantalisingly, a win here sees them close the gap behind their hosts to just two points, keeping alive some isolated embers of hope that they can make a European debut next term.
- While this calendar year is still in its infancy, Clermont are already looking to make it three victories from as many Ligue 1 road trips made during 2023 – notably, it took them until April 20 to get a third win on hostile turf recorded in 2022! The Lancers also have a clear penchant for striking first in away league matches, doing so in each of their previous four (W2, D1, L1).
- Key battle: Mohamed Bayo rounded off the scoring for Lille in their 2-0 win over his old club earlier this season, for a fourth straight goalscoring away match won ‘to-nil’ by his team on the day. He’ll go up against Clermont defender Neto Borges, who was the matchwinner in the Lancers’ most recent triumph (2-1 vs Angers), and has seen both of his prior goals in 2022/23 arrive via headers inside the first ten second-half minutes.
- Hot stat: Clermont have conceded beyond the hour mark in three of their last four away league matches.