Clermont – Monaco Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Clermont 0-2 Monaco
Date: 05.02.2023 | Match at: 13:00 | League: FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – ROUND 22 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals| Odds: 1.38 | Bookie: Unibet.
Clermont – Monaco Predictions and Preview
- Fans of Clermont have enjoyed a record-breaking start to 2023 with their side going undefeated in their five Ligue 1 matches (W3, D2) thus far, their longest unbeaten streak since their promotion last season. That means Clermont sit comfortably in a mid-table position, a full 12 points away from any relegation threat, potentially allowing long-serving manager Pascal Gastien the opportunity to take some risks after consecutive 0-0 draws.
- The Lancers’ current form is even more impressive considering it came off the back of a six-game winless run (D3, L3), with their last loss being a 2-0 defeat at home to Lille. The Stade Gabriel Montpied faithful will no doubt be welcoming their troops home with open arms though, hoping to cheer them to what will be only their second ever win against visitors Monaco (W1, D2, L5).
- Monaco currently one-up their hosts by boasting an impressive six-game (W4, D2) undefeated streak in the league, embedding them firmly in the European spots and developing a cushion over the chasing pack. One does wonder how long Philippe Clement’s men can fight fire with fire though, as only one clean sheet in those six matches highlights a reliance on their offensive prowess, with their attack ranked as the second best in the league (46 goals) after matchday 21.
- The Red and Whites have been a force on the road this Ligue 1 season, boasting the third best away record with 21 points won, one more than they’ve earned at home. They may feel that record could be much improved though, after their last two away assignments saw them score first only to share the points come full-time.
- Players to watch: Clermont’s Komnen Andrić scored the equaliser in the 1-1 draw played out between these two sides earlier this season, contributing to his last six goals coming after half-time. For Monaco, Wissam Ben Yedder has haunted Clermont in the past, scoring three times and providing an assist in his three encounters against the Lancers.
- Hot stat: Prior to the weekend, no Ligue 1 side has scored the opening goal more often than Monaco this season (16 – tied with PSG).