Millwall – Swansea Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Millwall 2-1 Swansea
Date: 14.03.2023 | Match at: 20:45 | League: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 37 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.33 | Bookie: Unibet.
Millwall – Swansea Predictions and Preview
- Fresh from a victory that propelled them back into the top six ahead of this round, Millwall will host Swansea City for some Championship action. A strong recent home record which had seen Gary Rowett’s side establish an 11-game unbeaten run on their own turf (W6, D5) prior to losing to Norwich (3-2) in their most recent home outing should boost their confidence further after winning away vs Reading at the weekend (1-0).
- Rowett appeared to relish the race for promotion post-match, stating that his Lions are ready for a “scrappy” Championship fight whilst adding that they’ve “won most of the games we’ve scored first in”. It won’t take much to remind the manager that’s not always the case, for they struck the opener in that home loss to Norwich two rounds back, further cranking up the pressure against a side they’ve failed to beat in their last six home H2Hs (D2, L4)!
- The Swans are struggling to keep their heads above water after losing their last three Championship away games, each without scoring. They haven’t lost four such games successively without reply since 2010 and, despite holding a comfortable cushion above the relegation zone, Swansea manager Russell Martin will want to start adding more points to the tally to ensure a serene finish to the season.
- Surprisingly, they’re still in the league’s top six in terms of goals scored ahead of this round (48), but a 3-1 mauling at home to high-flying Middlesborough last round means they have now triumphed in just one of their last nine league outings (D2, L6). Even so, Swansea may feel confident about taking at least one point home with them as the reverse fixture ended 2-2 last August, whilst only one Championship side (Rotherham) had recorded more away draws than their seven at the end of last round.
- Players to watch: Millwall’s Andreas Voglsammer carries strong form into this contest, securing five goal contributions from his last six outings (G1, A4). Swansea forward Joël Piroe is also enjoying his football after scoring last time out, as well as in Swansea’s 1-0 victory the last time they visited The Den!
- Hot stat: Millwall have not lost consecutive Championship home games since April 2021, although that previous instance did include a 3-0 loss to Swansea!