Fenerbahce – Sevilla Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Fenerbahce 1-0 Sevilla
Date: 16.03.2023 | Match at: 18:45 | League: EUROPA LEAGUE – PLAY OFFS – 1/8-FINALS | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.30 | Bookie: Unibet.
Fenerbahce – Sevilla Predictions and Preview
- Fenerbahçe face an uphill battle if they’re to overturn a 2-0 deficit from their UEFA Europa League (UEL) last-16 first-leg tie against Sevilla, but having not played a domestic fixture at the weekend, the Turkish giants should be fresh. When you couple that freshness with the fact Fenerbahçe have never lost at home in the UEL knockout phase (W6, D3), then this tie might be far from over.
- A five-match unbeaten run in UEL home action this term (W4, D1 inc qualifiers) would support that belief, but considering only two of those wins came by a margin wide enough to seal progression here, doubts remain over whether they can turn the tie on its head. Further dampening that optimism, Fenerbahçe have lost 20 of their 21 UEFA ties in which they’ve lost the first leg away from home.
- A 2-1 La Liga victory against Almería was ideal preparation for Sevilla, who travel to Istanbul looking to advance in what is widely regarded as the competition they have made their own. The four-time UEL winners famously won the competition three times on the spin from 2014-2016, but after falling at this exact stage last season, they will be acutely aware their prior success doesn’t hand them any real advantage.
- In fact this is a record seventh appearance in the UEL last-16 for Sevilla, but extending this landmark campaign into the next round may rely on an improvement on their dismal European away form of late (D5, L5). However, with a two-goal cushion from the first-leg, even a defeat could be enough to see Sevilla over the line, and considering they have never lost a UEL game by more than a two-goal margin, the advantage they hold certainly gives them a decent chance.
- Key battle: Fenerbahçe need goals and Enner Valencia scores them, netting an incredible 26 in 33 appearances this term, though only five of those were decisive in victory. Marshalling him could be Sevilla’s Nemanja Gudelj who has collected three yellow cards from his last six appearances.
- Hot stat: Fenerbahçe have lost nine of their ten clashes against Spanish opposition.
Be the first to comment on "Match Preview: Fenerbahce 1-0 Sevilla Predictions and Betting Tips 16.03.2023"