B. Monchengladbach – Werder Bremen Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
B. Monchengladbach 2-2 Werder Bremen
Date: 17.03.2023 | Match at: 20:30 | League: GERMANY: BUNDESLIGA – ROUND 25 | Tip: Over 2.5 Goals | Odds: 1.54 | Bookie: Unibet.
B. Monchengladbach – Werder Bremen Predictions and Preview
- Amid their second-worst points haul (30) at this stage since 2010/11, it’s turning out to be a decidedly average season for Borussia Mönchengladbach who are now winless in three Bundesliga matches (D1, L2) after a 3-0 defeat at Leipzig, a loss which saw them record a third straight scoring blank in the league for the first time since February 2018. Coach Daniel Farke called that Leipzig loss ‘hard to accept’ as he now looks to avoid his longest ever winless run in the Bundesliga as Gladbach boss.
- Farke will hope that a return to Borussia-Park will help avoid such a fate, and a three-game unbeaten streak here – including victory over Bayern Munich – proves they have it in them to turn on the style at home. Indeed, with 23 of their 30 points this season won at home and a ten game unbeaten run in Bundesliga H2Hs here against Werder Bremen, many will fancy them to do just that.
- A 3-2 defeat at home to Leverkusen despite scoring first ensured Bremen fell to a fourth defeat from their last five games (W1). Coach Ole Werner criticised his side’s ‘wastefulness’ in front of goal, and that perhaps goes some way to explaining why they find themselves heading for mid-table mediocrity, locked on the same points as Gladbach in the bottom half of the table.
- No defeat in their first five away league games (W3, D2) this term hinted that Bremen would be happy travellers this season, but considering they have since lost five of their last six league trips, returning to the road seems far from ideal. Such poor form is largely due to the fact that Bremen have conceded first in eight away league games, only collecting points in three of those (W1, D2, L5) which undoubtedly places added emphasis on a solid start.
- Players to watch: Gladbach’s only goal in the 5-1 defeat in the reverse fixture was scored by Marcus Thuram, who has the most shots on goal in the Bundesliga with 71 this season. Involved in three Bremen goals in that reverse H2H (G2, A1), Niclas Füllkrug has the second most shots with 69.
- Hot streak: Bremen haven’t drawn in 17 successive Bundesliga games which is the joint-second longest such streak in Europe’s top-five leagues, only Napoli have recorded more (22).