Monaco – Le Havre Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Monaco 1-1 Le Havre
Date: 04.02.2024 | Match at: 13:00 | League: FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – ROUND 20 | Tip: Home Win | Odds: 1.50 | Bookie: Unibet.
Monaco – Le Havre Predictions and Preview
- Monaco welcome mid-table Le Havre here with their hopes of securing Champions League football faltering, as after being pegged back twice by Marseille in a 2-2 draw, they’ve won just one of their last four Ligue 1 matches (D1, L2). They were architects of their own downfall in that latest outing, finishing the game with just nine men after both Guillermo Maripán and Denis Zakaria saw red.
- As a result, the home side head into the round a point adrift of the top-three and desperate to get back on track here. Home form was a driving factor behind Monaco’s strong start to the season, but they’ve now suffered defeats in each of their last two league games at Stade Louis II. Another loss here would be a third in succession at home, something that’s not happened in the league here since December 2018.
- Le Havre travel in better form than their hosts having lost only one of their last four Ligue 1 games (W2, D1). A shift in attacking potency has been key to their improvements having scored three goals in all but one of those four matches, with their first goal arriving within 20 minutes in each, which highlights why they’re fast building a reputation as a team who start on the front foot.
- Getting to grips with the French top-tier better than many expected, the next big task for manager Luka Elsner is to help Le Havre start finding better form on the road. Although André Ayew’s second-half stoppage-time goal rescued a point in the 3-3 draw in their last away game at Lorient, that did extend their Ligue 1 travelling run to just one win in ten (D6, L3).
- Players to watch: Wissam Ben Yedder is one of the most in-form attackers in Europe right now, directly contributing to nine goals in his last five matches (G8, A1). Just back from AFCON, the aforementioned Ayew might have earned himself a starting berth after netting two from the bench for Le Havre against Lorient.
- Hot stat: Monaco’s Ligue 1 games have averaged 1.74 first-half goals – a league-high coming into the round.