Brentford – Manchester City Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Brentford – Manchester City
Date: 05.02.2024 | Match at: 21:00 | League: ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 23 | Tip: Away Win | Odds: 1.41 | Bookie: Unibet.
Brentford – Manchester City Predictions and Preview
- Despite the best efforts of forward Neal Maupay to score and then try to get under his opponents’ skin, Brentford still fell to a 3-2 loss to Tottenham in their midweek London derby. Such a result now leaves them just four points above the dreaded relegation zone ahead of this latest Premier League matchday, with confidence likely low thanks to their return of six losses from their last seven league outings (W1).
- Thomas Frank’s side’s only victory during that time did come last time out on home soil as they downed Nottingham Forest 3-2, and although a visit from reigning champions Manchester City will likely prove a much tougher proposition, the Bees can hold onto the fact that they were the only side to do a league double over their opponents last season. That said, after keeping just one clean sheet across their 11 home league outings – the joint-lowest in the competition – Brentford could struggle again here.
- That’s particularly true as Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City won 3-1 against Burnley in midweek to make it six unbeaten in England’s top-flight (W5, D1), with each of those outings seeing them net two or more goals in the process. That means that they head into this fixture as the joint-top scorers in the division (G51) alongside Liverpool, whom they trail by five points at the summit ahead of this matchday.
- Where City have shown some form of weakness this campaign is on the road, as each of their three Premier League defeats have come on their travels (W7, D1). They’ll be hoping to remedy that further here, and make sure that their 1-0 loss at this venue last campaign was nothing more than a blip, as they look to extend their 11-match league undefeated run when playing on a Monday (W9, D2) – a streak during which they’ve conceded just three goals!
- Players to watch: In midweek, Maupay struck against Spurs to score in successive Premier League matches for the first time since December 2021 – four of his six overall goals have come on home soil this term. Manchester City’s Erling Haaland is set to return to their starting line-up here, though Brentford are the only side he’s faced in the Premier League without scoring.
- Hot stat: Manchester City have averaged 7.05 corners per Premier League match this season – the second-most in the competition.